Looking for Service work? The LAI can always use folks willing to help out!
The Accessibility Committee is charged with carrying the message of recovery to the alcoholic with special needs, ensuring the meeting list is kept current with meeting accessibility information, and to bring a meeting to those who are unable to get out. If you would like to be a part of this very important committee, please contact Patty O. at 716-341-0622 or your group Intergroup Representative or attend an Intergroup meeting the last Sunday of the month at 5 p.m. at St. Michael’s Church, 23 Main Street in Geneseo.
Services we provide :
– Bring a meeting to them
– Help them get to a meeting
– Offer list of people willing to sponsor via phone
– Provide information on handicap accessible meetings
– Be a resource of online A.A. Meetings
Alcoholics with special needs include, but not limited to, those who:
– live in nursing homes/foster care homes;
– use a wheelchair, walker, or cane;
– are blind or have low vision;
– have limited English reading and writing skills;
– live in rural areas/isolated, home or hospital bound;
– do not have transportation or unable to drive themselves due to health conditions or DUI
24 Hour Phone
The Livingston Area Intergroup is updating the 12 step call list! Please update your information via phone or email to Dara T. at 724-422-5032 or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are not currently on the 12 step call list please consider this important way to carry the message of alcoholics anonymous.
We are also looking for groups to the take the phone in 2020.
FREE TRAINING PROVIDED!!!
The purpose of the Corrections Committee is to carry the message of Alcoholics Anonymous to the still suffering alcoholics who are incarcerated in correctional institutions or otherwise detained.
Meetings are currently being taken into the Livingston County Jail on Wednesday nights. The women’s meeting is 5:45-6:45 pm and the men’s meeting is 7:45-9:00 pm.
If you are interested in carrying the message to those who are incarcerated, please contact Jeanne H. at 585-414-5706.